Did you know that most Mexicans do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Unless you're from the Mexican state of Puebla, the 5th of May is just like any other ordinary day. Contrary to popular belief, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day (which is actually September 16), but is in fact the day General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín and his army surprisingly defeated the French in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. So here's to the Poblanos for their ancestors' bravery and their generosity in giving us Americans a reason to drink tequila!
Try these great fiesta-inspiring recipes!
Michelada - a refreshing beverage of beer, lime and salt!
Photo by: mccun934
- Sizzling Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Sizzling Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Vegan Black Bean Tacos
- Cinco de Mayo Fusion: Beef Bulgogi Korean Tacos
- Vegetarian Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Tofu Tacos
- Betty Crocker's Cinco de Mayo Skinny Shrimp Tacos
- Taco Tapas for Cinco de Mayo
- 5 Delicious Taco Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
- 5 Drinks to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo
- Cinco de Mayo Vanilla Sugar Cookies Are a Fab Fiesta Food
- Gluten-Free + Vegan Chipotle and White Bean Burritos
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- Grilled Fish Tacos W/ Spicy Tequila-Lime Guacamole
- Tacos in mini cups
- Pink Lemonade Margarita, for my Mum
- Easy Slow Cooker Tomatillo Pork
- Skirt Steak Fajitas with Tequila Orange Lime Marinade
- Steak Carnitas & Sautéed Peppers over Cilantro Lime Rice
- Quick Taco Salad Recipe
- Black Bean and Fresh Corn Tacos
- Taco Egg Roll