Our regular readers have gotten used to a steady stream of photos and commentary on cooking, dining, and generally all things food. However, until now we've been pretty quiet about exactly what Foodista.com will be at launch. Though I'm not quite ready to share everything we're cooking up, I thought I'd give you a taste...ok, ok, I'll stop with the food metaphors (one of the downsides of working in this space is that you find yourself and others constantly doing that)!
So what are we up to? Well, nothing short of revolutionizing the way people find, discover, contribute and share food and cooking knowledge. I know that sounds big, but so is food...everyone eats, most people cook. And yet, there is still so much fun stuff left to do by combining technology and food information. So with that goal, we moved to Seattle, started Foodista in my house in West Seattle and got cranking on solving a bunch of hard problems. Why Seattle? Here are a few of many reasons:
- It's a great food town with fantastic restaurants and Pike Place Market,
- has hordes of tech folks, at giants like Microsoft, Amazon.com and numerous startups; and
- is home to other leading food websites, including Orangette, AllRecipes, and Recipezaar.
So far it's going great. We're really enjoying reconnecting with old friends and the city itself. For me, it's a dream come true after 20 years at a number of large companies and 4 startups, I'm super excited to be doing my own. I especially like the bootstrap approach (an interesting local perspective on that) and everything that comes with it ... including working at home. Just to get a bit of variety, we recently we joined Giraffe Labs, a great group of entrepreneurs in a funky space down near Pioneer Square.
So keep an eye out for new developments and share your thoughts on the blog. Meanwhile, we'll be working away like Julia Child did to create her revolutionary Mastering the Art of French Cooking, I just hope it doesn't take us ten years!
- Community Spotlight: What's the Weirdest Food You've Ever Eaten?
- What's Hot: Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Leeks
- What's Hot: Tasty Flower Crab Soup
- my ranking was Chef de Cuisine till 2 days back. now it is showing the bottom one ''Patron'' .. what's the error ?
- What's Wrong With What We Eat
- Moose, it's What's for Dinner
- Test Tube Beef, It's What's For Dinner??
- Garbage Patch Fish, It's What's For Dinner?
- What's in Taylor Swift's Fridge?
- What's Hot: Dracula's Dentures
- Demi-Glace.... What's All The Fuss?
- Zaire's Family Recipe For Kickin' Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Aisha Foodista's Easy and Delicious Pesto Recipe
- Easy and Delicious Pesto Recipe
- Cucumber Celery Gazpacho With Radishes and Thyme Onion Confit
- Prune Cake - Don't Turn Up Your Nose, It's Better Than You'd Ever Think!!!
- Hot Dog, What A Cake!
- Doro Wat What
- What Is The Most Powerful Feature Of Ultraslim Prduct?
- What! Another Banana Cake!