Job Title: Web Designer
You love to learn about food, discover new recipes, and cooking is a favorite pastime. You treasure your cookbook collection and keep expanding it at a rate that friends and family find alarming.
You also love the Web and can't imagine life without it, but are frustrated with the current state of usability and visual design in Web applications. Finding ways to use all the dynamic new "Web 2.0" technologies, without overwhelming the user is your passion. You bring together visual design and information architecture as a single discipline...creating simple, clean, intuitive, and powerful interfaces.
Now imagine the opportunity to combine food and technology in a single job!! If that gets you as excited as we are, then Foodista is the place for you.
- Define general visual design, fonts & color selection
- Develop corporate identity elements, logos & favicons
- Create pixel perfect designs, including graphic assets from wireframes and written specs
- Work on information architecture, user flows, and feature definition
- Experience in front-end web design, preferably on sites used by millions of people
- Artistic talent and skill using graphic applications like Photoshop
- Intuitive understanding of usability and effective information architecture
- Strong point of view on design paired with a practical nature and common sense
- More than a casual relationship with your kitchen
We are an early stage startup currently bootstrapping development of the first version of our site, planning to launch this fall. The founders have decades of experience building large scale consumer web applications at numerous startups and large companies, including Amazon.com, eBay, and Microsoft. We also love to eat, cook, and are generally passionate about all things food related. More about us…
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!