Allow me to take you on a little trip to Spain...
The following recipe is adapted from the famous Spanish cookbook 1080 Recipes.
2 1/4 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
1/4 onion, coarsely chopped
1 small cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 small green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped, plus a little extra for garnish
4 1/2 cups bread crumbs
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Put the tomato, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, bread crumbs, oil, and vinegar into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, then add a bit of cold water. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until fully chilled (about 2 hours).
Season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with a bit of diced green bell peppers and tomato. A drizzle of a good quality extra virgin olive oil is quite nice too.
How easy was that! Enjoy!
- 5 Best Gazpacho Recipes
- 5 Ideas for Allergy-Friendly Gazpacho
- Easy Tomato Recipe: Pan con Tomate
- Meatless Monday: Pasta with Sage & Grilled Tomatoes
- Meatless Monday: GF Stuffed Heirloom Tomatoes
- Best Ever Tomato Sauce
- Meatless Monday: Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Quiche
- Super Summer Berry Gazpacho
- Vegan Grilled Tomato, Basil & Pepper Jack Panini
- Simple Summer Dishes: Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Pasta