As our readership has grown, a number of people have asked: "Beyond the blog, what are you building?" Well here's a bit more info for you curious folks... Foodista will:
- be a great place to learn about food and cooking; and
- provide easy ways to share your food interests and knowledge with the world.
"How?" you ask...We are building a site that uniquely combines:
- Great search of foods, recipes, cooking tools and techniques; like IMDb does for movies;
- Community editing; a la Wikipedia; and
- Widgets/tools for sharing it all anywhere on the web, especially on food blogs, similar to what Flickr & Youtube make possible with images.
We now have a fantastic team in place, including a stylin' designer and an innovative web developer. A couple of other fun developments include great networking at Blogher, and growing traffic...we recently broke into the 100K top websites at Alexa...pretty good for a pre-launch blog! Above all, we are building Foodista for you. Send your thoughts and ideas for the best possible food website to email@example.com. Cheers, Sheri, Colin, and Barnaby Founders, Foodista.com