I love hosting cocktail parties, and the best advice I was given from a catering master for hosting such parties was this: make half of your hors d'oeuvres and buy half. Brilliant! All too often we get caught up in elaborate menus and are exhausted by the time the guests arrive.
One of the things I love to make (but guests always think it's from a fine delicatessen) is a creamy, delicious pâté. This easy chicken liver pâté recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser! Best of all, it is inexpensive to make and takes just a few minutes.
Easy Crowd Pleaser Pâté
1 pound chicken livers
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup heavy cream
Sel gris (grey salt) for garnish
Heat about one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and cook onions until soft. Add chicken livers and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add brandy and simmer until alcohol has cooked off. Toss into a blender and blend on high. Periodically stop the blender and push down larger pieces with a wooden spoon to incorporate. Add cream and continue to blend until smooth.
Place a mesh sieve over a bowl. Transfer mixture to the sieve and press through with a silicone spatula to remove any unsmooth pieces.
Spoon pâté into one serving bowl or a few small ones, and smooth out the top.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 20 minutes.
Garnish with a sprinkle of sel gris or other fine salt.
Excellent served with cornichon, Dijon mustard and a grainy mustard on the side.
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- Awesome Appetizer: Savory Olive, Tomato and Cheese Crisps
- 3 Easy Holiday Appetizers
- 10 Best Deviled Egg Recipes for Your Next Cookout
- 10 Easy Holiday Appetizer Recipes
- NYE Appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- NYE Appetizer: Brie and Fig Bundles
- 5 Fabulous Foie Gras Recipes
- 3 Marvelously Gluten Free Morel Mushroom Recipes
- Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups
- Crostini with Whipped Ricotta & Artichoke Olive Tapenade
- Ricotta & Sun Dried Tomato Crostini
- Easy Onion Cheese Rounds
- Mushroom, Radicchio & Fontina Pizzettes
- Rocket Prosciutto Cups
- Asian Style Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Dried Figs
- Polenta Squares with Ricotta & Basil Pesto
- Chicken Liver Pate