Did you know that the standard commercial turkey is a called a Broad Breasted White?
It's a breed specifically bred to turn the least amount of feed into the most amount of weight the fastest. This, in turn, creates a bird with such a large breast that it is unable to mate. How can one expect to get a tasty bird if they're grown in such a way?
Oh by the way, commercial turkeys are white-feathered. Shh, don't tell the children, their color-by-number drawings of multi-colored turkeys aren't what they're eating for Thanksgiving.
Photo by stevevoght
- How Long Will It Take To Cook A 34 Pound Turkey?
- How Much Time Does It Take To Cook A 33 Lb Turkey?
- How Long Does It Take To Cook 8.5 Pound Turkey?
- Orrechiette With "Eat Your Veggies" Turkey Bolognese
- How Long Do You Cook Your Boned and Rolled Turkey
- Why Does Your Fresh The Turkey Smell Like A Eggs?
- Your Thanksgiving Turkey Could Not Have Sex
- Thanksgiving Hat and Diaper Cover Turn Your Tot Into a Turkey
- Make Your Own Quick and Easy Turkey Centerpiece
- Not Your Ordinary Turkey Panini