Not all ovens are created equal. Some have room for 5 sheets of cookies, some only have room for a 9x9 inch brownie pan. Then there are those that are 50°F too hot or too cold. Is your oven a member of this club?
To make sure you don't burn your beautiful cookies that you slaved over, buy an oven thermometer. They are cheap and worth it to save you from the stress of dealing with a temperamental oven.
It also doesn't hurt to pay special attention during baking. There may be hot spots or issues with evenly baking a cake when it's on the top rack. A rule of thumb is to start out baking in the center of the oven and turning the pan halfway through to evenly bake.
Photo by ccharmon
- Pumpkin Pie Shots is an Efficient Way to Get Your Filling
- You Are the Best Mummy Mother's Day Cookies Wrap Up Your Feelings
- Adorable Puppy Cookies are Your New Best Friends
- 5 Ways To Use Fresh Herbs To Improve Your Cooking
- Perfect Cupcakes Every Time and Best Ever Buttercream Recipe
- Mother's Day Cookie Gift Box is a New Way of Giving Flowers
- Corn Bread Three Ways
- Choo-Choo Train Cookies Are Full Steam Ahead to Your Stomach
- 4 Best Ways to Use Pumpkin Seeds - Gluten Free!
- HUNGRY's Holiday Kitchen: Baked NYC's Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Pop Tarts, 3 ways – Rose Hip and Apple, S’mores, and Brown Sugar Spice
- Vegan Lemon Cookies
- The Best Grilling Marinade Ever!
- Spiced Cran 'o Rum Bars
- The Ultimate Dessert
- Triple C Oatmeal Cookies (Cinnamon Chocolate Chip)
- Anzac Pride
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Lemon Basil Biscotti
- Lemony Madeleines
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe