Here at Foodista we’re excited to announce a kid-friendly recipe contest with the group who brought you Meatless Monday! The Monday Campaigns just launched The Kids Cook Monday, a new program which encourages families to start each week cooking, learning and eating healthfully together .
Starting July 26 until August 29, Foodista invites you and your family to enter its first The Kids Cook Monday recipe contest. Submit your kid-friendly recipes to us for a chance to have your family’s recipe featured on Foodista.com. Recipes need not be meatless, but they should be healthy.
We are also accepting step by step, 3-5 minute family cooking videos (optional). To submit a family cooking video, upload it to youtube.com or another video hosting site and enter the url to the video as you submit your recipe. Family cooking videos may be featured on Foodista as well as The Kids Cook Monday website. You don’t need to submit a video to enter The Kids Cook Monday recipe contest, but we’d love to showcase your family in action!
Five recipes will be chosen from those submitted to us, and the winners will receive a Foodista apron. And each week, starting on August 30, Foodista will feature one of the winning recipes on the Foodista blog in honor of The Kids Cook Monday. The Kids Cook Monday website will also feature some of the kid-friendly recipes that are submitted by participants, and will give a Meatless Monday mug and recipe book to interested families. There is no limit to the amount of recipes you can enter.
How To Enter Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Recipe
- Sign up onto Foodista.com
- Add your recipe into the provided template
- Enter the url to your family cooking video under the recipe (optional)
- Upload a photo
- Add the tag: The Kids Cook Monday in the tag field
- Click save
We can't wait to see what you cook up!
- The Kids Cook Monday Contest Winner!
- Free Cookie Party Contest
- So You Think You Know Cheese
- Free Book Giveaway: Canning and Preserving For Dummies
- McDonald's UK Introduces Augmented Reality Play Zones
- Meatless Monday: Go Wild Rice and Bean Salad
- Crockpot Monday - Hamburger Soup
- The Mountain Dew Throwback Shack Inspires Nostalgia
- McDonald's Germany Pretzelnator is a Crowd-Sourced Combination Created by Fans
- KFC Launches ColonelSanders.com to Solicit Stories and Inspire Nostalgia
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Aarti’s Green Minty Curry Chicken
- Quick & Easy Mini Pizza Buns!
- Instant Oatmeal Mix
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Meatless Monday :: Potato, Leek & Corn Chowder
- Apple and carrot delicious 2 minute salad.
- Meatless Monday :: Easy Tilapia, Broccoli Rabe & Roasted Potato Wedges