Last Sunday we had the New York City launch party for the Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook at Beekman Bar and Books just down the street from the United Nations. Beekman's is a swanky cool below-street-level cigar bar with a vintage monkey theme, shelves stacked with old books, and comfy leather chairs to settle into and enjoy a fine Scotch - the perfect setting for our party. We noshed on recipes from the book such as Adana Kebabs, Cider-Braised Pork Shoulder With Caramelized Onion and Apple Confit, Bacon Caramels - plus a whole lot more! - and sipped on delicious Tawny Manhattans.
It was so wonderful to finally meet some of the winners (and their families and friends) in person: Kathy Patalsky (Cucumber Mint Tea Sandwiches, pages 4-5), Nikki Gardner (Gluten-Free Quinoa and Corn Flour Crepes with Strawberry-Maple Filling, pages 148-149), Shelly Huang (How Sweet It Is Sweet Potato Lasagne, pages 84-85), Peter Sherwood (Wicked Good Clam Chowdah, pages 54-55), Elyse Eisenberg Prince (Baked Lentil Cheeseburgers, page 108), Tramie Luong (Mango Avocado Ice Cream, page 158) who came all the way from Montreal, and Zaianne Kuhiri (Nasi Minyak/Malaysian Festive Rice, page 98) who traveled from Chicago! Check out some of the photos from the evening...
Congratulations to you all! Barnaby and I had a memorable evening and we hope you did too. Cheers!
- Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook- Seattle Release Party
- Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook Winners!
- Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook Prize Winners!
- Announcing The Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook!
- Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook - Prize Giveaway!
- Has the list of winners of the Foodista Best Food Blogs Cookbook been announced?
- Paul McCartney Attends Launch of Daughter's Book 'Food'
- Foodista is Best Selling Blog on the Kindle
- Jamie Oliver Launches 'The Big Feastival'
- Big Gay Ice Cream Truck Cookbook