As someone who studied abroad in Europe for a year, I could totally see "everyone, single or otherwise, has the right to fresh bread" as an unofficial motto of France. Well, apparently, some enterprising person has found a way to revolutionize the way people get bread. What's so amazing?
Several new machines, positioned outside some supermarkets, allow people to select a baguette, pay one euro, and let the machine get to work. It will cook for 60 seconds, then cool for another 30. And... perfection. Well, mostly. The blog author says "I don’t think they’re going to put any bakeries out of business soon."
Click here for David Lebovitz's movie.
Photo by Julie70
- Baguette Vending Machine Dispenses Warm Bread on Demand
- McDonald's France Adds Baguettes to Menu
- Live Crab Vending Machines Save a Trip to the Store
- Burger Vending Machine Promises Fulfilling Bites
- Would You Eat From This Meat Vending Machine?
- Coca-Cola's Open Happiness Campaign Encourages You to Embrace
- Baguette Turns Into Painful Weapon
- Quickies in Sao Paulo Sells Dutch Croquettes Via Vending Machine
- The Activate Human-Powered Vending Machine
- Incredible Unassisted Vending Machine Win