I've been talking about this soup for quite some time now. And many of you have inquired about it.
So, here it is. My latest creation. A soup that can be enjoyed anytime of the day, anytime of the year.
It all started with a simple grocery shoppin' trip to Zabars here in Manhattan where I came across the most beautiful Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. I picked 'em up, tossed 'em into my basket and scurried home with a soup recipe brewing in my mind.
Full of heart healthy fiber, vitamins n' minerals...this baby is sure to have your taste buds smilin' in no time.
Gluten-Free Kale and Almond Sweet Potato Soup
2 large sweet potatoes
1 cup Brussels Sprouts
2 cups fresh kale, roughly chopped
1/3 cup almonds
1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 tsp. agave nectar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/6 tsp. sea salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Puncture holes in sweet potatoes using a fork. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes or until very tender.
Meanwhile, steam kale and Brussels Sprouts on the stove top in a medium sized pot, covered. Drain; set aside to cool.
Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to a food processor along with all other ingredients; pulse until smooth.
Transfer to serving bowls.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
I'm excited to announce my latest opportunity as a Foodista Guest Blogger, check out my latest article on How to Travel Gluten-Free.
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Cooking with Sweet Potatoes: 5 Savory Recipes to Prepare this Fall
- 5 Kickin' Kale Recipes Gluten and Dairy Free
- Bacon & Potato Soup, Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Gluten Free Sweet 'n Spicy Honey Roasted Potatoes
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 3 Must Try Recipes
- 5 Greatest Gluten Free Cornbread Recipes
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 5 Tasty Recipes
- GF Almond Cranberry Bundt Cakes - Cranberry Craze Pt 1
- Roasted Potato and Butternut Squash Soup
- Spicy Butternut Squash & Black Bean Stew With Kale
- Almond Torte With Cream & Cherries
- Shiitake Noodle Soup
- Herbivoracious' White Bean and Kale Soup
- Corned Beef Hash with Kale
- Seedy Crunch Bites
- Cinnamon Almond Pancakes
- 3-ingredient almond butter cookies
- Maronchinos (Almond Cookies)