In the restaurant business, the key word is location. It's everything. These two restaurants (well, OK, one is about to open) have pushed that idea to drum up new business.
1) Alexander's Steakhouse: This San Francisco eatery has one really terrible table. It's right in between both bathrooms in the restaurant, crammed into a tiny space. Well, Alexander's has taken a novel approach to it. They will offer customers 50% off their whole bill (food and drink) to take the terrible table. A brilliant way to drum up buzz about the restaurant and fill the restaurant completely.
2) The Cube: This brings the idea of a pop-up restaurant to a whole new level. "The Cube" is a pop-up restaurant that will open later this year at various European landmarks. At 1500 square feet, the venue can hold 18 guests for lunch ($207) and dinner ($277). Michelin star-receiving chefs will prepare food for the guests. First stop for the pop-up: Parc du Cinquantenaire in Brussels. Reservations are still available.
Photos by SF Gate/
- San Francisco Michelin Star Winners 2012
- Michelin Star Lunches Infographic Will Lead You to the Best Deals in Britain
- Tyler Florence Launches Safeway's Open Nature Brand With World's Longest Picnic Table
- The Next Restaurant Empire? Grilled Cheese
- Affordable Michelin Star Dining
- Stuffed Squid At The Slanted Door
- VillageVines Changes Name to Savored
- Thrive Portion Ware Helps Cut Food Intake by 20 Percent
- Matthew McConaughey Cooks Steak for Wife While on Extreme Diet
- Canstruction San Francisco Features Cantastic Art
- Always A Star At The Dinner Table- Tiramisu
- Extreme Brownie Cookies
- Cherry Upside-Down Cake (Extremely Easy to Make!)
- Tarta De San Marcos
- Brown Rice Table
- Table Salsa
- Midnightsushi's Signature Bacon And Bleu Table-For-Two Salad Of Perfection!
- Mexican Table Salsa
- Cuban Burger With Lime Mayonnaise From A Communal Table
- 4th of July RASPBERRY, WHITE & BLUEBERRY FARM TO TABLE Cocktail From Harvest Spirits