A recent report from the National Cancer Institute showed a 9.4% increase in childhood cancer between 1992 and 2007. Instead of finally making a serious move to rid foods of toxic dyes, the FDA once again stalled and said what parents don't want to hear, "more research."
Eight harmful dyes are currently used in a plethora of our daily foods, such as breakfast cereal, packaged pasta meals and virtually every piece of candy. Reports are now showing links to ADHD, cancer and serious food allergies.
Here's the most disturbing piece: American companies such as Wal-Mart, Kraft and Coca Cola have removed these harmful dyes, as well as aspartame and the preservative sodium benzoate, from their products overseas due to consumer demand! Why aren't we doing more to protect our children? We can start making our own demands by sending a message to companies using these harmful ingredients.
FDA, we don't need more research. We need the removal of these dyes from our foods.
Photo by: jeffadair
- FDA: A Little Rodent Filth in Your Food is A-OK
- FDA: Your Chicken Dinner Might Include a Little Arsenic
- Muscle Milk Gets FDA Warning
- Kids LiveWell Initiative Brings Healthier Kids' Meals to 15,000 Restaurants
- This Kids' Plate DIY Encourages Mealtime Play
- Raw Milk Uniting our Citizens
- Walt Disney World Adds 'Grown-Up' Foods to Magic Kingdom Kids' Menus
- Chemical Free Kids
- Gaga GooGoo Kids' Clothing Line Features Miniature Lady Gaga Meat Dress
- Olive Garden 86es Fries and Milkshakes in Healthier Kids' Menu
- Kids' Favorite Bar Cookies
- Kids' Crafts: Create spooky peanut spiders
- Our Favorite Deviled Eggs
- Waffles our way
- Out Of The Box Fruit Roll-Ups
- Check out these awesome kid friendly lunches
- Apple and carrot delicious 2 minute salad.
- Kids' Barbecue Wrap
- Cyclops Meatballs With Scary Green Hair
- Paneer Masala Roll - Kid's Evening Snack Combo