For those of you who keep up with foodie blogs (outside of us, of course!), you'll have noticed a trend towards making everything from scratch - from canning and preserving foods at home to homemade liqueurs - including homemade yogurt and ice cream. So why not butter? It's super easy - and I mean, easy.
Put the cream in a blender or food processor and blend until the cream separates into liquid and solid - a minute or two. Pour off the liquid (buttermilk - but probably not what you're thinking), using a spatula or spoon to squeeze out as much buttermilk as possible.
Now, the washing stage. Add ice cold water to the butter and blend for another 30 seconds. Drain off the liquid and again, using a spatula, squeeze out as much as possible.
If desired, stir in 1/4 teaspoon sea salt for every initial pint of cream. Otherwise, salt as you go!
Transfer the butter to parchment (or waxed) paper and store in the refrigerator for up to a week - bon appetit!
- 5 Must Try Homemade Nut Butter Recipes
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- Easy Homemade Nut Butters
- DIY Easy Homemade Gourmet Marshmallows
- Thanksgiving Entertaining - DIY Molded Butter
- Homemade Allergy Friendly Gnocchi
- DIY Homemade Chai Concentrate
- Homemade Lucky Charms Marshmallows - Gluten Free + Dairy Free
- Easy Homemade Citrus Curd
- Homemade Gluten Free Phyllo Dough & 5 Delicious Recipes
- Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Whipped Better Butter
- Better Pumpkin Butter
- Garlic Butter Roast Cod
- Homemade Mayonnaise in 15 minutes
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries
- Crockpot Peanut Butter Chicken
- Sauteed Italian Spring Greens: Looks like Grass, Tastes like Spinach but better!
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups
- Homemade Prune Butter