Archer Farms has chosen to voluntarily recall their Ground Turmeric due to excessive amounts of lead. The specific lots, sold in 2.6 oz glass jars at Target stores nationwide between June 2009 and February 2010 may contain excessive amounts of lead but no related illness has been reported.
The recalled Archer Farms Ground Turmeric has a UPC 0-85239-02612-0. The lot numbers included (numbers and dates can be found on the bottom of the bottle) are 1740901A, best by 6/23/2011; 2180902A, best by 8/6/11; 2780906A, best by 10/5/2011; 2920903A, best by 10/19/11; 3060903A, best by 11/2/2011; 0071003A, best by1/7/2012.
Consumers in possession of this voluntarily recalled product may return it to the store at which you purchased it. Consumers or media with questions should contact B&M, Inc. at 1-877-321-5852 (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (CST) or contact Target Guest Relations toll-free at 800-316-6151.
Top Food & Drug has also chosen to recall two spice blends for the same reason: the Spice Hunter Ground Turmeric and Curry Seasoning, both in 2 oz containers with UPC 0-81057-01985 and lots 09 196, 09 201 and 09 264.
Source Food Safety News
Photos by Carol Mitchell and the USDA.gov; Rachel Been, AOL
- Food Recall: Foster Farms Grilled Chicken Strips
- Another Egg Recall: Daizen Farms
- HUGE Apple Slices Recall: Please Read
- Food Recall: River Ranch Salads
- Food Recall: Bay Valley Foods
- Food Recall: Menno Beachy Grape Tomatoes
- Food Recall: Cool Creations LLC - Multiple Products
- Food Recall: Bumble Bar Assorted Gluten Free Cafe Bars
- Food Recall: Euphoria Fancy Foods Inc. Recalls Uneviscerated Fish
- Food Recall: Whole Foods Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Fried Pumpkin: Indian Style
- Island Haddock simmered in a spicey green curry sauce, inspired by P.E.I.
- Hunter’s Duck
- Egg Bhurji Recipe
- Mexican Black Bean and Spice-Rubbed Tofu Torta with Puerto Rican inspired Tostones
- Olive-Laced Baba Ganouj
- Oatmeal Lace Wafers, Glazed Or Flourless
- Lace Icing
- Coffee Lace Cocktail