The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resort in Orlando, Florida is celebrating the upcoming nuptials of Kate Middleton and Prince William in a sweet way: by recreating the royal wedding jewelry using sugar. Executive pastry chef Laurent Branlard recreated the 18-carat sapphire-and-diamond ring and one of Princess Diana's tiaras with just sugar.
Swan and Dolphin posted these images of Princess Diana's tiara to its Facebook page this afternoon, along with a making-of video that shows Chef Branlard designing his entirely edible culinary coronet:
Check out DIS Unplugged for even more images of the royal wedding jewelry. The site reports that Swan and Dolphin resort will be broadcasting the royal wedding on Friday and serving English tea and breakfast beginning at 5:00 a.m.
Photos by Swan and Dolphin
- William and Kate Wedding Food Swag
- Pinterest Board of the Week: Disney Wedding Theme
- Minnie Mouse Dress Cookies Are a Girlish Disney Dessert
- Royal Wedding Cake
- Princess Beatrice Hat Cupcake Pokes Fun at Royal Wedding Headgear
- Royal Wedding Canape Menu Revealed
- English Wine Powers Royal Wedding Car
- Royal Wedding Cake: Prince William's Unbaked Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- British Wine for the Royal Wedding
- High Tea for the Royal Wedding