This easy broccoli salad is an absolute staple in my summer diet. It’s so easy to prepare but has flavors as rewarding as if you spent the day in the kitchen. From start to finish this salad takes about 15 minutes to prepare, and with the beautiful texture and colors, it would be a welcome addition to any brunch or spring shower table. Trust me when I say you should bookmark this recipe for the dressing alone – it’s simple, stores well, and is a perfect compliment to any summer salad.
½ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed
2 tablespoons butter
1 ½ cups chopped broccoli
1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
4 green onions, chopped (or ¼ cup red onion for color)
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup raisins
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Shake well.
Discard the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles (or save for another use).
In a skillet, sauté the noodles in butter until golden. In a large bowl, combine noodles, broccoli, romaine, onions.
Just before serving, toss with dressing, walnuts, and raisins.
Photo by: Acronychal
- A Twist on Classic Potato Salad
- Beef and Broccoli and Other Chinese Take Out Favorites
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Fresh and Crunchy Jicama and Mango Salad
- 4 Favorite American Dishes with an International Twist
- Meatless Monday: Asian Chopped Salad with Fried Wontons
- Shrimp and Snap Pea Salad With Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette
- Meatless Monday: Sesame Kale Salad
- Jarred Asian Noodle Salad
- Marinated Cucumber Salad
- Yuan Yang Crispy & Crunchy Hong Kong Kailan
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Sweet and Crunchy Cruciferous Veggie Salad With Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Asian Fusion Appetizer: Salmon & Asian Pesto Packages
- Pepper and Cucumber Salad
- Jellyfish, Daikon and Chicken Breast Salad
- Cool and Refreshing Asian Cucumber Salad
- Chinese Broccoli
- Broccoli Chicken w Shrimp Stir Fry
- Braised Pork Bellies With Abalone In Claypot