On last night's episode of the HBO series Treme, Alan Richmond's infamous 2006 GQ article bashing New Orleans comes out, and the chef character, Janette Desautel, is furious.
But the fury behind it is courtesy of Anthony Bourdain. The chef/entrepreneur is on Treme's writing staff and his hatred for Alan Richmond goes way back. Bourdain has a chapter in his latest book Medium Raw, titled Alan Richman Is a Douchebag.
Upon discovering the article, Desautel says:
"I mean, holy shit, town's barely on its feet and this son of a bitch has gotta to come down and reevaluate whether we were ever any good... Fine, he doesn't like the food, he thinks it's heavy, or he thinks it's shit, I don't care. For fuck's sake it's a service economy, they're fucking hurting. He's gotta write this now? Tell people to stay away from New Orleans, don't come down, don't spend your money in restaurants?"
Watch the clip HERE. Desautel's (or Bourdain's) reaction is worth it.
Photo by: HBO
- Web Series Goes Behind the Scenes of Anthony Bourdain's 'No Reservations'
- The Black Keys to Appear on Anthony Bourdain's 'No Reservations'
- Anthony Bourdain's New Show Called 'The Taste'
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Get Jiro' Makes Best Sellers List
- Watch a Preview of Anthony Bourdain's New CNN Show 'Parts Unknown'
- Poster for Anthony Bourdain's New TV Show Revealed
- Anthony Bourdain's CNN Show Gets a Premiere Date
- Anthony Bourdain Posters Illustrate the 'No Reservations' Host
- Anthony Bourdain Releases Insiders Edition of 'Kitchen Confidential'
- Anthony Bourdain Makes a Negroni on 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon'
- Prune Cake - Don't Turn Up Your Nose, It's Better Than You'd Ever Think!!!
- Chestnut 'paté'
- Sophie's Summer Salad With Roasted Plums, Sheep's Feta, Pine Nuts, Prosciutto & A Plum Dressing !
- Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken
- Honey 'n' Oats Bread
- Frieda's Hoppin' John
- Sophie's Maple Scones With Pecans & Cranberries, Served With Maple's Butter
- Aunt Caroline's Forgotten Cookies (Mae-Mae's Best Friend)
- Ryan's Shepherd's Pie
- Emily Cooper's Turkey Shepherd's Pie