Italy's gift to mankind may very well be pizza. The first known pizzeria, Antica Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738. From then until now, I think we can safely say that the love for pizza and pizzeria's has grown exponentially. According to an article done by TLC, 93% of Americans eat pizza once a month. We obviously love the stuff. However, the best pizza in the world still remains at it's birthplace. If you are traveling to Italy anytime soon, you might want to make room in your travel plans to visit one of these pizzerias.
1. L'Antica Pizzeria Da Michele on Via Sersale, 13 Tel +390815539204.
Yes, this is the famed pizza shop from Elizabeth Gilbert's book Eat, Pray, Love.
2. Brandi on Salita S.Anna di Palazzo, 1- 2 Tel +39081416928
3. Di Matteo on Via dei Tribunali, 94 Tel +39081455262
4. Cantanopoli on Via Chiatamone, 36 Tel. +390817646110
5. Lombardi (no website) on via Foria, 12 Tel +39081456220
Photo by: micurs
- The World's Best Gelato
- Eataly Stealing Business From Little Italy
- Prosciutto Facial Anyone?
- Pizza On A Stick? Yes, It's Possible. Here's The Recipe!
- Cannoli Eating World Record Set
- PIzza Hut Hong Kong's Cheesy Opera Pizza is a Pizza on Top of a Pizza
- Pizza Hut Singapore Welcomes Chinese New Year with the Ring of Fortune PIzza
- World Cup Game Day Food: German Bratwurst Pizza
- Pizza Hut's Overstuffed Pizza is a Giant Calzone
- 5 Best Gazpacho Recipes