An unusual pop-up restaurant called the NYC Dining Car recently surprised 12 New Yorkers on the L subway train with a six-course meal. The brains behind the stunt were the members of A Razor, A Shiny Knife, a group that stages social, theatrical and educational culinary experiences.
The NYC Dining Car meal featured savory delights like hamachi crudo, foie en brioche, ramp soup, filet mignon, and chocolate and gold leaf panna cotta. New courses were served at every third stop, according to attendee Steph Goralnick, and the team used the subway platform or an area of the subway car itself as a plating area. There was even someone tasked to read The Great Gatsby aloud for added ambience.
Photos by: Laughing Squid
- 'Muru Pops Down in Tytyri' Bistro is an Otherworldly Underground Eatery
- The "La Bulle" Coca-Cola France Exhibit Imagines Drinking Habits in 2020
- BurgerMonday Gets 24 Artists to Create Burger Placemat Art for Pop-Up Dinner
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants to Open a Pop-Up Restaurant in London
- Is L.A. The New Foodie City?
- The Gourmet Tea Shop Redefines Pop-Up Retail
- Chicago Subway Car Gets Greenified Thanks to the Mobile Garden Project
- Films on Fridges is a Temporary Outdoor Movie Theater Made of Old Refrigerators
- Weird Wednesday: Chocoholic Fish, Decoding Espresso Jargon and Coca-Cola Across the World
- Anthon Berg Trades Chocolate for Good Deeds at The Generous Store
- Train Wreck
- You get ripped when you have a training program that is perfect for you
- Layne's Counterfeit Nyc Carnegie Deli Cheesecake
- Race Car Pancakes
- Irish Car Bomb
- Carly's Nutella Cookies
- Chocolate Whoopie Pie Recipe
- Hot Cheese Balls
- Distinctive restaurants in Hyderabad
- Anjappar Style Chicken Briyani