The annual Manhattan Cocktail Classic is kicking off five days of festivities tonight with their Gala at the New York Public Library. Tickets for the black tie optional party may be sold out, but there are still plenty of great seminars available for some educational boozing. Here are our top picks of the available events:
Cocktail historian David Wondrich leads a discussion on the role of history in the resurgence of cocktail culture.
Pig and booze. 'Nough said.
A bar crawl throughout the Cienfuegos compound, including a stop at the recently opened bitters-focused bar Amor y Amargo.
Age: The Final Frontier - Barreling Spirits & Cocktails at Astor Center, Monday May 16th, 6:15pm-7:45pm
Learn about (and taste!) the new trend of barrel aged cocktails.
- 3 Tequila Cocktails to Kick Off Thirsty Thursday
- Dia de Los Muertos Cocktail: Devilish Manhattan
- The Manhattan BBQ Cocktail
- Cool Off With Watermelon Spritzers
- Thirsty Thursday: 3 Classic Eggnog Recipes
- Thirsty Thursday: The Perfect Manhattan
- The Caliente Kiss Margarita Will Knock Your Socks Off
- How to Make A Classic Margarita
- 2 new discoveries make a classic even more intoxicating
- Thirsty Thursdays: Classic Brazilian Caipirinha