The annual Manhattan Cocktail Classic is kicking off five days of festivities tonight with their Gala at the New York Public Library. Tickets for the black tie optional party may be sold out, but there are still plenty of great seminars available for some educational boozing. Here are our top picks of the available events:
Cocktail historian David Wondrich leads a discussion on the role of history in the resurgence of cocktail culture.
Pig and booze. 'Nough said.
A bar crawl throughout the Cienfuegos compound, including a stop at the recently opened bitters-focused bar Amor y Amargo.
Age: The Final Frontier - Barreling Spirits & Cocktails at Astor Center, Monday May 16th, 6:15pm-7:45pm
Learn about (and taste!) the new trend of barrel aged cocktails.
- Dia de Los Muertos Cocktail: Devilish Manhattan
- The Manhattan BBQ Cocktail
- Cool Off With Watermelon Spritzers
- Thirsty Thursday: 3 Classic Eggnog Recipes
- The Caliente Kiss Margarita Will Knock Your Socks Off
- Thirsty Thursday: The Perfect Manhattan
- How to Make A Classic Margarita
- 2 new discoveries make a classic even more intoxicating
- Benny's Bloody Mary Beef Straws Give Your Favorite Brunch Cocktail a Savory Kick
- Thirsty Thursdays: Classic Brazilian Caipirinha