The $5,000 pho auctioned at the Bash Benefactor Dinner on Friday is no mere bowl of noodle soup. This Vietnamese treat featured the best the culinary world has to offer, starting with its foie gras broth. The pricey pho also included white alba truffles, noodles made from blue lobster, A5 Wagyu beef and hand-raised bean sprouts, according to LA Weekly.
Proceeds from the $5,000 pho went to the Children's Hospitals of Los Angeles and Orange County and the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital. If you missed the exclusive dinner and auction, never fear: reporter Elina Shatkin writes that the charitable dish will be on the menu at Crustacean in Beverly Hills for time immemorial, and all sales from the savory soup will be donated to the Children's Hospital.
Note: While the image above isn't of the $5,000 pho, we hope it's close enough to whet your appetite.
- Vietnamese Pho: Rice Noodle and Beef Soup
- $5,000 YMCA Ad Featuring Butter-Devouring Woman Wins Award
- Delish Crock Pot Pho Soup Recipe
- A Guide to Asian Noodles
- Stir-Fried Shrimp and Noodles
- Easy Asian Beef and Noodle Salad
- Noodles With Prawns And Snow Peas
- Slow Cooker Vietnamese Pho with All the Fixings
- Poppin' Peanut and Tofu Noodles
- Chinese Sesame Noodle Salad