Copper River Salmon season begins today, a time us Pacific Northwesterners anxiously await each year. Why so special? This variety of salmon originates from the Copper River in Alaska, a nearly 300 mile long wildly rapid river that dumps into Prince William Sound. The long river makes it an Iron Man Race for the fish that grow into robust creatures with high levels of body fat and natural oils. The result of their physical effort: one of the richest and tastiest fish in the world. Its flesh is firm and red, and has a rich, nutty flavor.
Below are some of my favorite preparations for any type of wild, fresh salmon - but especially Copper River. The Jade Buddha Salmon Tartare is so good we published it in our cookbook, and the Poached Salmon With White Wine Butter is simply divine. Copper River Salmon is shipped throughout the States, so check your local fish or farmers' markets. Or, you can order through various shippers, such as FishEx. Read on for more, and enjoy the short season of this glorious fish! It's worth the price.
Grilled Salmon With Fresh Lemon and Herb Compound Butter
Compound butter is simply a flavored butter, and this one's packed with fresh herbs. Grill salmon in the oven or on the BBQ, then let the butter melt on top.
Poached Salmon With White Wine Butter
Poaching keeps the flesh delicate and succulent. Perfect with a simple white wine butter sauce.
Cedar-Planked Salmon With Mustard Dill Sauce
Cedar perfumes the salmon with a lovely woodsy aroma. Excellent with a dollop of dill sauce.
Miso Glazed Salmon
This simple glaze has only four ingredients. And a mighty flavor!
- 5 Gotta Try Copper River Salmon Recipes
- Great Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 5 Great Green Tea Recipes
- Sensationally Delicious Thai Street Vendor Salmon Skewers
- Awesome Asian Salmon Bugers with Ginger-Lime Cream for Lent
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
- 5 Copycat Chicken Recipes for Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes
- Char Siu BBQ Pork
- WIN a Snake River Farms Tenderloin for the Holidays!
- Involtini Di Salmone Copper River
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Asian Fusion Appetizer: Salmon & Asian Pesto Packages
- Yuan Yang Crispy & Crunchy Hong Kong Kailan
- Braised Pork Bellies With Abalone In Claypot
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Laquered Salmon
- Thai Street Vendor Salmon Skewers
- Authentic Bang Bang Chicken
- Salmon Gremolata