Pies and picnics go together like sunshine and lemonade so start planning for a (gluten free!) picnic this Memorial Day weekend. While you can easily substitute store-bought pie dough in a pinch, here are two basic pie crust recipes from veteran bakers! You can also try Gluten Free Mama's Pie Crust Mix which makes for a light, flaky dough in literally minutes.
All-American Apple Pie
What better way to celebrate Memorial Day than with apple pie? Adapted from Dorie Greenspan's fabulous recipe.
Heavenly Cherry Pie
The perfect mix of sweet and tart, this cherry pie is just luscious!
Blueberry Apple Mini Pies
Baked in custard tins, these single-serving pies are perfect for on-the-go eating.
Blackberry Oatmeal Pie Bars
Not quite feeling traditional pie? These pie bars are both portable and healthy with whole-grain oats!
Pear Pies with Tea-Infused Custard
For a bohemian twist - try these mini-pies with creamy custard and aromatic spices.
Blueberry Ginger Pie with Savory-Sweet Parmesan Crust
Definitely something different, this savory-sweet combo is great for a more grown up picnic.
Bourbon Pecan Pie
A Southern tradition, this boozy treat takes pie to a whole new level.
- 5 Best Chicken Salad Recipes for Summer
- 10 Best Macaroni Salad Recipes
- Cool as a Cucumber: 10 Recipes to Beat the Heat (Pt 1)
- 5 Fabulous Summer Desserts for 4th of July
- Gluten Free & Vegan Picnic Menu Plan
- 10 Best Deviled Egg Recipes for Your Next Cookout
- Get Grilling: Best Chicken Recipes for the BBQ
- Cooking with Cocktails: Sangria Cake
- Gluten Free Living: 3 Easy Tips For Going To A BBQ
- Top 5 Fish Taco Recipes - Perfect For Summer!
- Oven Roasted Potatoes With Hot Chili Sauce
- Tuna With Toast Rolls
- Chocolate SweeTEA Pie
- Mini Pot Roast Shepards Pie Tarts
- St.Patty's Lamb Pie
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- patriotic strawberries ♥
- Our gluten free version of Marion Cunningham's Irish Soda Bread
- Snowy Chocolate Cupcakes- Nat'l Cupcake Day!
- Sour milk and feta cheese phyllo pie