Tumblr Tuesday is a weekly meme on the microblogging service that encourages users to nominate their favorite Tumblr blogs, or tumblelogs. We're taking part this week and sharing five of our favorite weird food Tumblr blogs. Did we miss one of your favorites? Let us know in the comments -- you might see it in next week's edition!
1. Fuck Yeah Cute Food: Observing the Twitter meme of titling a blog with a profane term, this microblog features adorable food from every course. Naturally, cupcakes are always on the menu, but the blog also features savory snacks.
2. Scanwiches: This tumblelog focuses on scanned cross-sections of daily sandwiches. The treat below is a homemade sandwich with tempeh, tomato and lettuce on white bread. Scanwiches has a coffee-table book based on the blog that will be released on November 3, 2011.
3. Fancy Fast Food: This microblog creates haute cuisine using only items purchased at fast food joints. The Chicken Mock Pie below, for example, is made from Raising Cane's combo items like chicken fingers, crinkle-cut fries, coleslaw and Texas toast.
4. Never Said About Restaurant Websites: This niche tumblelog lampoons poorly made restaurant websites. From PDF menus to auto-playing music, every trick in the Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 design world is thoroughly eviscerated.
5. Comfort Me With Offal: We've saved the best for last. Comfort Me With Offal is the Tumblr home of "Ruth Bourdain," a formerly anonymous blogger (and 2011 James Beard Foundation Award winner in the Humor category) who blends the acerbic wit of Anthony Bourdain with the tweets and food topics of Ruth Reichl. In April, chef, author and activist Alice Waters admitted that she is the brainchild behind Ruth Bourdain.
Honorable Mention: Paula Deen Riding Things: This niche photoblog features user-submitted photos that have been retouched to include Paula Deen, often in a precarious position.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!