Giuliana Rancic, the host of E! News, is going vegan, but she isn't quitting animal products cold turkey. In a new interview with StyleBistro, she revealed that the book Veganist by Kathy Freston inspired the lifestyle change. "It's such a great book, and it's so true, about how all these diseases are brought on by animal-based diets." Rancic kicked off her vegan transition by cutting out red meat; she also avoids processed foods when possible.
Giuliana Rancic also revealed one of her eating habits, which may partially explain her pin-thin figure: she eats small food portions several times a day rather than two or three main meals. "I eat 200 to 300 calories at a time because I recently read that your body can only digest about 200 or 250 calories an hour. I try to really break it up throughout the day and I find that I'm never hungry anymore, ever, and I have so much energy throughout the day."
What do you think about Giuliana Rancic's slow transition to veganism?
- Giuliana Rancic Changed her Diet After Beating Cancer
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Woody Harrelson Stuck to Raw Food on Set of 'The Hunger Games'
- Travis Barker Credits 2008 Plane Crash for His Vegan Lifestyle
- Venus and Serena Williams Adopt Raw Vegan Diet
- Megan Fox Follows a Raw Food Diet
- Carrie Underwood Shares Favorite Vegan Snacks and Diet Strategies
- 8 Ways To Spice Up Your Homemade Juice Creations