AskMen.com, that bastion of male-centric journalism that has moved from only posting pictures of women to featuring Cosmo-like articles on how to get them, recently explored the First Date Wine. This think piece posits that selecting a wine "is arguably the first test of not just your manhood, but also of your prospects for having any sort of a future with the gorgeous creature sitting across the table." Despite the bro talk, the article makes some good points: try food-friendly wines, don't choose mass-produced pinot grigio ("a girlie drink, so avoid it at all costs"), and look for lesser-known regions for good values.
Do you judge a date by their drink selection?
- World's First iPad Wine Magazine
- Vincent Kartheiser says Waitress Spat in his Food Because of 'Mad Men' Character
- 5 New Cocktails That Say: Good Health, Good Cheer for Thanksgiving!
- Stacked Wines' Fine Design Facilitates Sharing
- Incredible Prize For Catching Osama Bin Laden
- Australia Approves Laxative Agent in Wine
- Wine Talk: Second Label, First Class
- Hardest Wine Pairing Possible
- AC/DC Wine Will Rock Out at Woolworths
- Anderson Cooper Tries Coffee, Spinach and Brussels Sprouts for the First Time