Tucked in between the Tuscan hills is a small Italian town called San Gimignano where lies a nondescript gelato parlor called the Gelateria di Piazza. Behind the glass case of colorful gelato is a master at work, Mr. Sergio.
His gelato has been voted best in the world several times over. He even has ice cream flavors patented. Some experimental flavors include Crema di Santa Fina (cream with saffron and pine nuts), Dolceamaro (cream with aromatic herbs) or Vernaccia Sorbet (vintage Italian wine).
His gelatos are of premium quality because he uses the best ingredients. He uses protected designation of origin such as saffron and hazelnuts from Italy. Moreover, the Gelateria di Piazza is the only parlor to offer gelato made from Amedei chocolate, the best chocolate in the world for five consecutive years.
Needless to say, if you are visiting Tuscany, you must take a day trip to San Gimignano and savor some of the best the world has to offer.
- World's 50 Best Restaurants Revealed
- The World's Top 50 Restaurants
- Cookbook Collector: American Flavor + World's Best Biscuits
- World's Best Triple Coconut Cream Pie for National Pie Day!
- World's Best Yeast Donut
- World's Best Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
- The World's Best Juicer EVER!
- 2011 World's 10 Best Restaurants
- Tyler Florence Launches Safeway's Open Nature Brand With World's Longest Picnic Table
- The Best Pizza in the World