With temperatures rising across the US, it's high time to break out the barbecue. With Memorial Day beckoning in the summer season, get a head start this week with a series of articles featuring the best grilling recipes, techniques and ideas around. So ladies and gentlemen, start your grills!
Charred and smoky peppers filled with a rich cheesy filling, these alternately stuffed peppers are 100% vegetarian and totally delicious.
Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
One word: yum. A little bit of work wrapping each asparagus stem, but so, so worth it...
Grilled Polenta Cakes
Slice, brush, grill and go - nothing could be easier than this grilled bruschetta!
Pancetta Wrapped Mussels with Basil
Okay, there's a little bit of baking involved, but for something so delicious, I hope you'll forgive me...
Grilled Eggplant and Heirloom Tomato Stacks with Basil and Tomato Coulis
Easy, elegant, impressive.
Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro-Tamarind Dressing
Add a taste of Thai to your next barbecue with this zesty salad.
Grilled Caesar Salad
Adapted from Elise Wiggins of Panzano in Denver and NYT.
Prep time: 10 minutes. Serves 4.
2 Hearts of Romaine, well chilled
Salt and pepper to taste
1 TSP chopped garlic
1 TSP Dijon mustard
2 egg yolks
4 anchovy filets
1 TBSP lemon juice
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
4 TBSP olive oil
Heat a grill to as hot as it can get, at least 600 degrees. Slice 2 hearts of well-chilled romaine down the middle, keeping the core at the bottom intact. Brush cut sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place romaine, cut-side down, onto the hottest part of the grill and cook for ideally no more than 5 to 10 seconds, until a char is achieved (be careful not to overcook and wilt the lettuce). Remove from grill. Slice each half of romaine lengthwise, to create two pieces, and cut off the bottom core, so the leaves separate. Loosen and plate leaves.
Make the dressing In a small blender, blend chopped garlic, Dijon mustard, egg yolks, anchovy filets, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and cracked black pepper. Add olive oil and whisk. Drizzle over lettuce. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese to taste and toss.
- 10 Best Deviled Egg Recipes for Your Next Cookout
- Grand Grilling: 5 Recipes You Never Thought Of
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- Easy Appetizers - Gluten Free Thanksgiving
- Savory Gluten Free Cranberry Appetizers - Cranberry Craze Pt 5
- Cooking + Drinking - 5 Must Try Gluten Free Brandy Recipes
- Get Grilling: Beef Beyond Burgers
- Spooky Savory Gluten Free Halloween Treats!
- Top 5 Tequila Recipes
- Sugared Almonds
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Spatchcock Chicken & Turkey
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Chicken With Grilled Onions and Sumac
- Mesquite-Smoked Onion-Cheddar Burgers
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans
- Gluten Free Jalapeno Poppers
- Sweet and Spicy Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds