Beer costs are rising, and forking over big bucks for a six pack is enough to make us tear up. According to an article by Loren Berlin at MSNBC, supply, demand, and Mother Nature are to blame. A poor hops harvest in Bavaria coupled with excess heat that has damaged grain crops across China and the former Soviet Union have boosted production - and thus retail - costs. Even if future harvests are better, the prices are likely to remain high.
- Binge Drinking Costs America $224 Billion Annually
- Cooking For Solutions - Bigger and Better Than Ever
- The Saucy Flask Keeps More Than Just Condiments
- 'The Hipster Games' Wishes The Trends to Be Ever in Your Favor
- Samuel Adams' Utopias Beer is a Pricey Brew
- Pumpkin Ale Cake and Other Recipes that Highlight Pumpkin Beer
- Hong Kong Wine Boom at the Asia Society
- Food Channel’s 2011 Top 10 Beverage Trends
- Quidditch Pong Will Have You Nursing a Wicked Wizard Hangover
- 5 Dynamite Recipes with Guinness
- Three Ingredient Party Shrimp
- Prune Cake - Don't Turn Up Your Nose, It's Better Than You'd Ever Think!!!
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- The Best Grilling Marinade Ever!
- Why I Decided To Make Indian Spiced Tri-Tip Tacos With Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Beer Batter Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
- Easier Than It Sounds Coq Au Vin
- Beer Can Chicken, Country Style Vegetables with Roasted Garlic
- Dogfish Shrimp And Stir Fried Cabbage Fajitas With Sour Cream Dill Sauce
- The Best Veggie Patties Ever- Falafel