A short 30 second advertisement by Burger King stirred up controversy among several groups of people, ranging from mail carriers to dog lovers, and the chain has decided to change the advertisement in question. The original ad, which aired until this March, features a mailman dressed in a USPS costume becoming distracted by Burger King breakfast options. At one point in the ad he sings, "With pancakes and eggs on my plate, the mail has to wait."
The postal service didn't like the implication and asked the fast food giant to stop showing the ad. Burger King agreed to retool the ad to show the mailman in a "more positive" light. The new ad will have a similar uniform as the first, but will not use the USPS logo.
The original ad also angered dog lovers by perpetuating negative stereotypes of dogs, particuarly pit bulls. Reality TV star Shorty Rossi, who promotes the positive sides of pit bulls, urged his fans to boycott the restaurant.
What do you think of this ad? Do you agree with the backlash?
- The Bacon Sundae is Burger King's Latest Dessert
- David Beckham Helps Promote Burger King's New Smoothie
- Sofa King Juicy Burger is Expletive Yet Comfy
- Burger King Wins Over Customers With Eyeshadow Ad
- Absolutely Insane Russian Burger King Rap Commercial
- Mary J. Blige Talks Burger King Commercial Backlash
- Sofia Vergara Stars in New Burger King Commercial
- Watch Offensive Yoplait Eating Disorder Ad
- Tumblr Tuesday: KAFCA, the King's Alternative Food Cooperative Association
- Strangest Coffee Shop Ad Yet
- The Most Elegant Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Turkey A La King
- Breakfast Burger
- The Muskoka Breakfast Burger
- Kande Pohe Recipe
- Cuban Burger With Lime Mayonnaise From A Communal Table
- Simple Yet Elegant Fig Bread
- Egg Bhurji Recipe
- Chipped Beef
- Sophie's Gluten Free Triple Coconut & Almond Butter Soft Cookies With Dark Chocolate Chips