It's the age-old question for the serious home cook: is it really cheaper to make your own? Well, a cool new article from Time Moneyland says the answer depends on what you're making.
Take peanut butter for instance. Do you think it would be cheaper to make your own or buy the Skippy at Safeway? Actually, the article says making your own is cheaper.
How about ice cream? You love it. You know you want it. But it is cheaper to load up your own maker to sashay down to the Piggly Wiggly for your Haagen Dazs fix?
Check it out and see!
There is one thing the bean counters can't factor into the numbers, the extra deliciousness of knowing you made it yourself! Cook on, home cooks. Cook on.
- Thrifty Thursday: Eating Vegan on the Cheap - Fast Food Edition
- Thrifty Thursday: Stems 'N All
- Thrifty Thursday: Super Smoothies
- Thrifty Thursday: Simple Salmon Salad
- Thrifty Thursday: Coconut Milk Chicken Soup
- Thrifty Thursday: Goa and Make this Simple Curry
- Thrifty Thursday: 5 Cheap Chicken Dishes
- Thrifty Thursday: 4 Fab Lentil Dishes
- Thrifty Thursday: Rockin' Red Cabbage Slaw with Tahini
- Thrifty Thursday: Cherry Almond GF Torte
- Overnight Whole-Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Banana Cookies With Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- Peanut Butter Cream Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cookie Balls
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Curtis Stone Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cocktail
- Peanut Butter Sauce