Apparently, childhood fantasies do come true. The HMS Flake 99, the world's first amphibious ice cream truck, completed its maiden voyage on the Thames river in London.
The truck is the idea of David Mounfield, a stand-up comedian from Brighton, who captained the truck on its maiden voyage. Fredericks, the makers of Cadbury's ice cream, specially commissioned the truck in honor of National Ice Cream Week in the United Kingdom.
Over the next couple of weeks, the truck will make its way around to various beaches in the United Kingdom. There's already talk of the truck hopping across the channel and ending up in the canals of Venice.
Check out the video of the truck in action above.
- Ben & Jerry's Apple-y Ever After Ice Cream Supports Gay Marriage
- Strangest Ice Cream Flavor Ever
- Awkward Moment for President Obama at Royal Dinner
- Weird Wednesday: Itty-Bitty Watermelons, Flesh-Eating Mushrooms and Ice Cream Truck Jingles
- 4 Raps About Organic Food
- Urine For a Treat! Drunk Ice Cream Truck Driver Freezes Pee
- Big Gay Ice Cream Truck Cookbook
- Ice Cream Truck Driver Shot and Killed, Highlights Violence Against Food Vendors
- Marmite Ban Sparks Outrage In Denmark
- Artist "Peacasso" Creates a Portrait of Will.i.am Out of Black-Eyed Peas
- Sea Salt Ice Cream
- "Dirty Shirley" & Amaretto Ice Cream Floats
- Strawberry Honey Vanilla Ice Cream
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Why I Decided To Make Indian Spiced Tri-Tip Tacos With Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Homemade Dulce De Leche Ice Cream (Eggless!)
- Fresh Banana Ice-cream with Coconut
- Diabetic Delicious Double Berry Ice Cream
- True vanilla ice cream
- Strawberry and cream cheese ice cream