Apparently, childhood fantasies do come true. The HMS Flake 99, the world's first amphibious ice cream truck, completed its maiden voyage on the Thames river in London.
The truck is the idea of David Mounfield, a stand-up comedian from Brighton, who captained the truck on its maiden voyage. Fredericks, the makers of Cadbury's ice cream, specially commissioned the truck in honor of National Ice Cream Week in the United Kingdom.
Over the next couple of weeks, the truck will make its way around to various beaches in the United Kingdom. There's already talk of the truck hopping across the channel and ending up in the canals of Venice.
Check out the video of the truck in action above.
- Strangest Ice Cream Flavor Ever
- Ben & Jerry's Apple-y Ever After Ice Cream Supports Gay Marriage
- Awkward Moment for President Obama at Royal Dinner
- 4 Raps About Organic Food
- Urine For a Treat! Drunk Ice Cream Truck Driver Freezes Pee
- Big Gay Ice Cream Truck Cookbook
- Ice Cream Truck Driver Shot and Killed, Highlights Violence Against Food Vendors
- Weird Wednesday: Itty-Bitty Watermelons, Flesh-Eating Mushrooms and Ice Cream Truck Jingles
- World's Greatest Summer Job
- Marmite Ban Sparks Outrage In Denmark
- Sea Salt Ice Cream
- Why I Decided To Make Indian Spiced Tri-Tip Tacos With Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Strawberry Honey Vanilla Ice Cream
- Homemade Dulce De Leche Ice Cream (Eggless!)
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Fresh Banana Ice-cream with Coconut
- Easter Nest Sweet Cake With Sour Cream-Royal Icing and Pistachios
- Fresh Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
- Melted Ice Cream Cake with Espresso Butter Cream
- Strawberry and cream cheese ice cream