In Austin, Tex. the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) announced the 2011 Best Of Cookbooks on Friday, in the midst of their annual conference. Celebrating 25 years of excellence, the IACP Cookbook Awards are touted as the gold standard for culinary publishing. With more than 500 entrants and 17 categories, the list of 52 finalists and 17 winners is now available!
Below is a selected list of subjects and their respective winners! Congratulations to all of the entrants, finalists and winners!
Cookbook of the Year:
Around My French Table: More than 300 Recipes From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan
Wine, Beer or Spirits:
Asian Palate by Jeannie Cho Lee
Baking: Savory or Sweet:
Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cookies by Alice Medrich
Children, Youth & Family:
Sara Moulton's Everday Family Dinners by Sarah Moulton
First Book - The Julia Child Award:
Fried Chicken & Champagne by Lisa Dupar
American Wasteland by Jonathan Bloom
Health & Special Diet:
Essentials of Nutrition for Chefs by Catharine Powers and Mary Abbot Hess
Meat: A Kitchen Education by James Peterson
- 2012 IACP Cookbook Award Nominees Announced
- James Beard Foundation Winners Announced
- IACP 2012 Award Winners Revealved
- IACP 2013 Winners Revealed
- Fried Fair Fare Finalists Announced for 2011 Big Tex Choice Awards: Fried Bubblegum, Walking Taco, Deep Fried Salsa and More
- IFBC NOLA Chef and Speaker Announced: John Besh
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Jamie Schler!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Poppy Tooker!
- IFBC NOLA Chef and Speaker Announced: John Folse!
- IFBC NOLA Speaker Announced: Kate McDermott!
- Chocolate Truffle Tartlets
- Roasted Corn on the Cobb
- Crab and Grapefruit Salad
- Our gluten free version of Marion Cunningham's Irish Soda Bread
- Ffwd: Fresh Orange Pork Tenderloin
- Ffwd: Fresh Tuna, Machengo and Basil Pizza, gluten free and on the grill
- Ffwd: Swordfish with frilly carrot and herb salad
- Ffwd: Duck breast with fresh peaches
- Dorie Greenspan's Applesauce Spice Bars
- Dorie's Blueberry Pie