After my amazing experience at Thrive, I have been intrigued by the idea of a raw diet and lifestyle - there is just so much more to it than fruits and veggies. A diet free of processed foods, packed with protein and fresh produce, and filled with flavor - what's not to love?! Why not take a chance and explore a few fabulous raw recipes for Meatless Monday? Here are some top picks that are both mighty delicious and super healthy!
Creamy Tahini Dressing
Tahini, or sesame paste, is already an awesome ingredient to work with - spice it up with chilis, garlic and olive oil and you have a perfect dip or dressing for any snack or salad.
Curried Butternut Squash "Noodles"
Surprisingly delicious raw, these butternut "noodles" are pretty darn easy and provide a high-fiber, low-fat meal with coconut flakes, curry and ginger. Yum!
Raw Zucchini Pasta Pomodoro
This raw version of pasta and red sauce is rich and hearty, with out the heartburn later!
Chocolate Mint Bites
Like little fudgy bars, these little treats are packed with fiber (dates and almond meal) and protein (almond meal), provide that satisfying sweet-treat and are contenders for the healthiest fudge ever!
Italian Chocolate Almond Zuccotto
A cross between a mousse and a cheesecake-style cake, this is a classic Italian dessert in the raw - not that your guests could ever tell!
Here are also two really great how-to videos, featuring two awesome raw recipes... Zucchini Pasta from Philip McCluskey:
Raw Donut Holes from Ani Phyo:
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Fresh Summer Salads
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Steamed Artichokes with Roasted Pepper Aioli
- Raw Pasta Salad with Spiralized Zucchini
- Low Iodine Living: Day 1
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- 3 Spectacular Spaghetti Squash Recipes, Gluten Free
- Vegan Baking: Have Your Batter and Eat It Too
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Savory Pumpkin Entree
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Sesame Kale
- Caramelized Tofu With Rice Noodles
- Tofu Stuffed Peppers
- Egyptian Black Lentil Soup
- Mustard & Thyme Butter
- Chicken Breast with Tarragon Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Caper Cream Sauce