With Father's Day approaching, it's time for some last-minute present shopping. Yesterday we brought you a list of fun gifts for the beer-loving dad. But if your father is more of a wino, check out these four great gift ideas.
A decanter is an extremely useful tool for a wine lover, as many red wines (and some whites) will benefit from a spin in the fresh air. The Ravenscroft Crystal Infinity Decanter is practical and stylish, while this Riedel O Decanter is a work of art.
Any wine lover needs a wine refrigerator to keep their precious bottles at the correct temperature for storage. While prices can easily stretch into the thousands, your dad's most cherished bottles can be kept in the VinoView Silent 35 Bottle Wine Display Refrigerator without breaking the bank.
If your dad likes wine and reading (especially if he likes to read while sipping a glass of wine), wine books are a lovely gift. Most will educate him, and the best will capture the very essence of a region that he may not have had the opportunity to visit.
The Oxford Companion to Wine by Jancis Robinson is a behemoth reference that every wine lover should own.
For something more regionally specific, give him Summer in a Glass: The Coming of Age of Winemaking in the Finger Lakes, Evan Dawson's excellent overview of the growth of the wine industry in upstate New York, or Katherine Cole's Voodoo Vintners: Oregon's Astonishing Biodynamic Winegrowers for a peek behind the curtain of biodynamics in this growing wine region.
Is your father a history buff? Then send him Ancient Wine: The Search For The Origins of Viticulture by Patrick E. McGovern for a scholarly investigation of the origins of wine.
For the dad who has everything, the Winepod will let him take his own wine from grapes to table. Your father can select his starting grapes and work through the entire winemaking process in the comfort of his own home and, if you're lucky, he'll share a bottle with you.
- Holiday Bottle Covers Turn Your Beverage into a Festive Drink
- Mulled Wine Kits are a Gift for Wine Lovers
- Ugly Sweater Bottle Cover Keeps Your Vintages Stylish
- Perfect Passover Recipes: Moscato Spice Charoset
- 5 Vampire-Inspired Beverages
- 5 Gifts For the Coffee-Loving Dad
- DIY Gifts: Rum Balls
- 5 Must-Have Fierce Father's Day Finds
- A Christmas Sangria for National Sangria Day!
- Christmas Dinner Wine: From A to Zweigelt
- Chai Concentrate
- Mexican hot Cocoa Mix
- Chicken With Grilled Onions and Sumac
- Red White and Blue Sangria
- Vino Spiked Spaghetti
- Caramel Apple Cream And White Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- Fresh Fig Cake With Amaretto Fig Compote And 2 Great Dessert Wines
- No Oil Sweet n Sour Lime Pickle (Nimbu ka Achar)
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries