One the world's premier luxury hotel chains with dozens of locations around the world, the Fairmont Hotels and Resorts have made an effort to create specific menus for various dietary restrictions and choices - vegan, gluten free, diabetic, kosher, raw, macrobiotic and even a specific shellfish-allergy menu! What feels like for the first time, guests will be able to do more than speak to the chef and cobble together a menu that will (nutritionally, at least) meet their needs. Instead of compromising and winding up with The Old Standby (a green salad with some such dressing and/or limited toppings), the Fairmont has gone above and beyond others in the industry to create diet-specific menus that guests will not only be able to safely consume, but truly enjoy. Bravo, Fairmont!
The program, Lifestyle Cuisine Plus, rolled out in January 2011 and has been quite successful. Here is an excerpt from the official press release:
"Utilizing nutrient-rich ingredients, clean cooking methods and local food products, diners at Fairmont, whether in a restaurant, bar, banquet or in- room, can be sure dishes are wholesome, balanced and full of taste.
A typical Fairmont Lifestyle Cuisine Plus menu includes a selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts to address diabetes, heart healthy, vegan, raw, macrobiotic and gluten-free diets and will contribute to guests’ well-being, vitality and energy. Guests with specific food allergies and sensitivities are invited to have a direct conversation with the chef in order to plan their food options during their stay."
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Homemade Lucky Charms Marshmallows - Gluten Free + Dairy Free
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Low Iodine Living: Day 7
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Gluten, Dairy + Sugar Free
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Shiraz Chocolate Lava Pudding
- Gnocchi - Sweet Potato Recipes
- Red, White & Blue Smoothie
- Mustard & Thyme Butter
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Savory Pumpkin Entree
- Tia's Treats
- Tofu Stuffed Peppers