James Beard, nonchalantly leaning on the counter.
Today, nearly 60 chefs from across the nation are gathered at Rockefeller Center, NYC "to celebrate family feasts" for the 26th annual Chef's Tribute: Taste of Home benefit event. The annual event attracts over 1,000 guests to the Center each year to tour booths set up on the closed ice rink and taste the amazing creations of some of America's most talented chefs. The proceeds from this illustrious event serve to benefit the Citymeals-on-Wheels, a program which delivers food to the elderly and homebound, cofounded by James Beard 1981. The first event, an al fresco collaboration of America's best and brightest chefs and winemakers, was held in June 1985, originally meant to celebrate James' 82nd birthday. As the event drew nearer and James slipped away, the decision was made to continue the celebration in his honor, "the gala salute to America’s harvest and American talent became our tribute to him," explains co-founder Gael Greene.
"Secrets will be revealed as favorite family recipes are prepared in an unforgettable feast. Chefs including Daniel Boulud, Tom Colicchio, Ben Ford, Larry & Marc Forgione, Zarela Martinez & Aaron Sanchez, Charlie Palmer, Claude & Thomas Troisgros, Jean-Georges & Cedric Vongerichten , and Jonathan Waxman, will cook their at-home favorites as guests stroll the gardens and esplanades, feasting and dancing until midnight."
- 2013 James Beard Cookbook Nominees Announced
- Culinary Legend James Beard
- Grand Tasting Event at the Food Network NYC Wine and Food Festival
- Hong Kong Wine Boom at the Asia Society
- Britney Spears Hosts Southern Dinner to Benefit Katrina Survivors
- Want to Go Skydiving With Anthony Bourdain?
- Actor Digitally Amputated for NYC Health Department Diabetes Ad Campaign
- Millesime Celebrates Entrance Opening with 1904 Prices
- Sandra Lee Helps Feed Sandy Victims
- New Yorker Attempts to Visit Every Starbucks in the City
- James Beard's Coq Au Vin
- James Beard's Garlic Soup
- Wagon Wheels
- A Tribute To Mom's Pot Roast
- Insalata Di Barbe Di Fratta Or Monk's Beard Salad
- Long Fusilli With Italian Sausages
- New York-Style Crumb Cake
- New York Strip Steak w Asparagus & Mini Bell Peppers
- New York Steak au Poivre with Balsamic Reduction
- Pan Seared New York Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce