After much fanfare over his debut episode, the Vegan Black Metal Chef recently released a second episode called "Easy Meal Ideas of the Ages" that teaches heavy metal-loving cooks how to prepare several simple meals, including a medley of baked beans, potatoes and corn, a dish of sauteed Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and red pepper with truffle oil, and vegetable pasta.
Brian Manowitz, the Vegan Black Metal Chef, followed the same formula as his first episode, turning his cooking instructions into a song and preparing the meal with gothic garb and caked-on makeup.
Even if you're not a fan of this genre of music, Manowitz's attempts to repackage vegan cuisine to appeal to a new audience are well worth praising.
- Vegan Black Metal Chef Makes Epic Pad Thai
- Honey LaBronx Launches Vegan Drag Queen Cooking Show
- "United States of Bacon" is a TV Show Filled with Smoky Swine
- Whoops! Fake "MasterChef" Crowd Scene Goes Viral
- Creamy Vegan Grits with "Bacon" and Green Onion
- Meatless Monday: Tofu "Egg" Salad
- Sizzling Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Vegan Black Bean Tacos
- Fabulous Butternut Squash "Fries"
- How to Make the Perfect Black Bean Veggie Patty
- Fall Comfort: Acorn Squash with Pistachios, Black Bread and Apples
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Vegan, Low Fat "A La Russe" Olivier Salad
- Jamaican "Beef" Patties
- Vegan Blueberry "Ice Cream"
- Broccoli and "Cheese" Soup
- Vegetarian Black Eyed Peas
- Egyptian Black Lentil Soup
- Spicy Black Bean Lettuce Wraps
- Beautiful black rice salad is all about texture
- Leek and Black Olives Stew