Today is the 236th Army birthday, and in fine Foodista fashion, we're commemorating the day with some incredible Army cupcakes. Talented bakers from all corners of the world have honored soldiers' sacrifice with sweet treats. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Camo Cupcakes: These camouflage cupcakes from Kristie Sarmiento were made from swirled yellow cake batter dyed green and brown. What sets these Army cupcakes apart is the piped figure hiding on top of each one -- it almost looks as if it's wearing a ghillie suit.
2. Camouflage Cupcakes: These camo cupcakes by Sarah of The Cupcake Table were originally made for an event at her boyfriend's duck hunting club, but their simplicity and intricate camouflage make them especially appropriate to celebrate the 236th Army birthday.
3. Camouflage Cupcakes: Kristin Ausk of the Meringue Bake Shop is the artist behind these Army-themed cupcakes. They were a one-off creation, and feature chocolate frosting with green and light brown sprinkles.
4. M*A*S*H Cupcakes: These cupcakes by Your Happy Baker were created for a M*A*S*H-themed 21st birthday party. Army men cake toppers and vanilla buttercream frosting in green, olive green, black and brown made these chocolate cupcakes stand out.
5. Gun & Grenade Cupcakes: The final example of Army cupcakes comes from Brighton, England-based Buttercream Bakery. Each cupcake features a tiny grenade and an immaculate miniature gun atop a chocolate cupcake.