If you want to immediately get an extreme coupon fanatic in a huff, ask the question: Is it Illegal to buy or sell coupons?
You will hear a resounding NO from just about everyone who does either. The truth is, it IS illegal, if you read the fine print.
Coupons and Bargains Guide, Donna Montaldo, writes:
Most all manufacturers' coupons clearly state that buying and selling coupons voids the value of the coupons, so essentially there is no legitimate way to sell coupons.
As for selling clipped coupons as a way to circumvent this rule, Donna points out that the FTC says:
Selling or transferring coupons to a third party violates most manufacturers’ coupon redemption policies – and usually voids the coupon.
For more on the legitimacy of buying and selling coupons in any way, see Donna's Coupons/Bargins site at About.com
- Sunday Coupon Preview
- How Extreme Couponing Is Ruining It For Us All
- Coupon Roundup For May 18
- Coupon Blog Crush - Coupon Sherpa
- Organic Blueberry Sale
- Free Cottonelle Flushable Wipes
- Coupons 101 - How To Organize
- Quick Sale - Ayalas Herbal Water
- Cheap Sally Has It All
- Couponing 101 - KISS Coupon Organization