The all-new Burger King "Whopperlust" campaign gives away free Whopper coupons for DirecTV subscribers who don't mind staring at an image of a Whopper on their screen for a short period. The ad runs on DirecTV channel 111 all this week. To win a single coupon, you must stare at the screen for five minutes; to win a second coupon, you'll have to stare for another 10 minutes. There's even an option to win a third coupon after an additional 15-minute staring period.
You can't merely turn on DirecTV channel 111 and walk away, however; the Burger King "Whopperlust" campaign also includes an onscreen prompt, which you must press to continue the timer. If you're successful, Burger King will mail you your hard-earned coupons.
The Burger King "Whopperlust" campaign was created by Crispin, Porter + Bogusky. Thus far, it's yielded 50,000 coupons for free Whoppers. What do you think of the campaign? Is 30 minutes of your free time worth three free fast-food burgers?
- Burger King "Abs" Ad Asks You to Listen to Your Gut
- Free Onion Rings at Burger King This Weekend
- Taco Bell Canada Incites a "Burger Backlash"
- Burger King Celebrates 55 Years with the 55 Cent Whopper
- The Burger King Dethroned
- Sofia Vergara Stars in New Burger King Commercial
- Listerine's Flipbook Releases Bad Breath as You Browse
- Arby's Casting Call Looks for "Good Mood Food" Pitchmen
- Mickey D's Humanizes Fast Food With "The A-Z of McDonald's"
- Coke Zero "Create a Dance from Zero" Campaign Sparks a Virtual Danceoff
- Broccoli and "Cheese" Soup
- Okonomiyaki ("Japanese pancakes" or "Japaneses pizza")
- Caramelized Mushroom "Meatloaf" Burgers
- "skinny" aloha chicken burgers ♥
- Pesto Zucchini "Spaghetti"
- Hawaiian Barbequed "Huli-Huli" Chicken
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Gluten Free Veggie Burgers with Chipotle Mayonaise
- Scary Halloween Food - "Intestines with Subcutaneous Fat Covered in Arterial Plaque and Bile"
- The "Real" Tres Leches Cake