While it is my personal belief that a person can be an unhealthy eater regardless of their diet, it becomes increasingly difficult to do so as a vegan. Therefore, when people ask me to suggest low fat vegan food options, I am always left at a bit of a loss. Add to this the fact that I am one of those “lucky few” who have a hard time keeping weight on (I deeply apologize and add that it is not always a gift, and sometimes quite annoying, to be shaped like a pole) and you see my unfortunate lack of knowledge regarding vegan low-fat fare. A little investigating was necessary.
As it turns out, the biggest source of fat in a vegan's diet tends to be from oil. Looking to lose some calories and fat from your vegan meal? Cut the oil content in half. Otherwise, replacing the meat, dairy and eggs in your current meals with vegetables, beans, and grains can significantly reduce your calorie and fat count, and inevitably (fortunately?), your waistline. Even without fully committing to a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, by converting traditional recipes - like stuffed peppers - you can slash the fat content.
Vegan Cold Creamy Zucchini Soup
For the full recipe, click below...
- Creamy Vegan Zucchini Soup
- Fresh Summer Salads
- Meatless Monday: Curried Cucumber Soup
- Roasted Beet and Radicchio Salad
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Rice Soup with Sage
- Cool as a Cucumber: 10 Recipes to Beat the Heat (Pt 1)
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- 5 Greatest Gluten Free Cornbread Recipes
- Celiac Saturday: 4 Butternut Squash Soup Recipes To Drool Over