Celebrity chef, Giada de Laurentiis, says in an interview on TODAY.com that she is “overwhelmingly excited” to cook for royal newly-weds, Prince William and Kate. She was recommended and offered the chance to cook for a charity polo event at Santa Barbara Polo and Racquet Club on July 9th, an event which the royal couple would be attending (and Prince William himself will be playing).
Giada tells TODAY, “It is a dream come true,” yet she feels the pressure of cooking for such a high-profile event. She will be preparing a scrumptious lunch for around 2,500 people. Her menu will include her favorite dishes that were representative of California cuisine, and that would play well off the summer season – a light and colorful pea pesto crostini (puread peas on toast and half a cherry tomato on top of each), California chopped salad with a mix of grilled lettuces, grilled corn, grilled shrimp, zucchini and crispy tortillas in a light lemon dressing, and Chicken Milanese (breaded chicken cutlets with creamy tomato fennel sauce).
The famous chef does not know whether she will get the chance to personally meet the royal couple, but she looks forward to catching a glimpse of their reactions as they taste her food.
- Giada De Laurentiis Caters InStyle's Golden Globes Viewing Dinner
- LA Times Festival of Books Features an Array of Chefs
- Salt and Other Cooking Tips from Celebrity Chefs
- Giada De Laurentiis Talks Meatballs at the NYC Food and Wine Festival
- Bobby Flay and Giada de Laurentiis Rumored to Co-Host New Daytime Talk Show
- Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis to Co-Host Talk Show
- Bobby Flay Talks New Show With Giada De Laurentiis
- Maxim Names Paula Deen Sexiest Female Chef
- Giada De Laurentiis Eats 'Everything'
- 5 Kitchen Fashion Tips from Giada De Laurentiis for Dinner Party Hosts
- Quick & Easy Mini Pizza Buns!
- Buckwheat and pork soup
- Easy 30 minute ready potato “sails” with turkey ham, onion and cheese
- Soup with meatballs, mushrooms,spaghetti and cheese
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Chicken with caramelized apple sauce
- Fast and simple baked chicken with apple and strawberry
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.