An impromptu poll for health-focused consumers: If Krispy Kreme adds healthy menu items, will you stop there instead of at Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts? Chief executive officer James Morgan is betting yes. Krispy Kreme will roll out several healthier additions to its menu -- including fruit juice, oatmeal and yogurt -- to woo a customer base bent on making healthy choices.
"We weren't getting a lot of verbal complaints," Morgan told BusinessWeek. "But we also were not getting the sales we thought we should." Krispy Kreme has long been known for its warm glazed doughnuts, but the recent low-carb craze caused a drop in sales. In addition to its healthy menu items, Krispy Kreme will also offer a range of specialty coffee drinks starting in September.
- Copycat Recipes: Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts
- DIY Felt Krispy Kreme Doughnut Tutorial
- Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts on Halloween
- Hello Kitty Krispy Kreme's are Adorable Baked Treats
- KFC Adds Chicken Pot Pie To Their Menu
- Voodoo Doughnuts Unveils World's Largest Box of Doughnuts
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
- Banana Ricotta Donuts with Eggnog Glaze is a Whole Wheat Treat
- Glazed Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly Doughnuts
- Infographic: How Many People Have Doughnut-Related Names?
- Chocolate Doughnuts with Xocai Healthy Dark Chocolate
- Copycat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Dark Chocolate Doughnuts with Xocai Healthy Dark Chocolate
- Smore Krispies
- Fresh Strawberry Baked Mini Donuts with Strawberry-Lime Glaze
- Gluten Free Frosted Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Doughnut Muffins
- Easy Baked Doughnuts
- Chocolate Carrot Cake Baked Doughnuts
- Tropical Smoothie Recipe