In Taiwan, food bloggers better watch out. The next bad review could land you in jail. At least that's what happened when a woman with an amatuer food site in Taiwan gave a restaurant a poor review, saying the food was "too salty." She also noted unsanitary conditions and a bully restaurant owner.
Well, he sure showed her.
After taking the matter to a judge, the accusation of unsanitary conditions was rejected after a court-ordered inspection found nothing wrong. The blogger was ordered to pay the restaurant owner $6,900 in lost revenues. The judge also ruled the blogger couldn't have known enough to say the food was "too salty" after tasting only one dish, and found her guilty of defamation, which landed her in jail for 30 days.
And you thought Gordon Ramsay played rough.
- Barbie Cafe Opens Up in Taiwan
- George Duran PR Dinner Becomes ConAgra Frozen Meal Focus Group
- Appetude Rates the Dishes Rather than the Restaurant
- PETA Encourages James Holmes to Go Vegetarian in Jail
- Conrad Murray Eats First Jail Meal After Verdict Announced
- Funny or Die "Yelpers" Video Lampoons Lame Yelp Reviewers
- Good Carbs vs. Bad Carbs Infographic Will Make You Rethink Your Food Choices
- Does Mommy Need a Glass of Wine?
- Preview The Simpsons Foodie Episode
- 5 Best Food Videos of 2011