Artist Klaus Enrique Gerdes constructs his immaculate organic portraits by hand from fruit, vegetables, plants and other living matter before photographing them in dramatic fashion. Each has an uncanny humanlike presence despite its cornucopian construction; the figure above, for example, has snow pea eyelids, a mouth made of cherries, a rosemary mustache, apple cheeks and leafy shoulders.
Klaus Enrique Gerdes is a New York City photographer with an exceptionally well-traveled background: He grew up in Mexico City before studying genetics at the University of Nottingham in England and receiving his master's degree in business administration from Columbia University in New York.
- Artist "Peacasso" Creates a Portrait of Will.i.am Out of Black-Eyed Peas
- Edible Carved Skulls Make Fruits and Veggies Immortal
- Justin Bieber Meat Portrait
- Super Mario Salt Portrait
- Super-Sized Cork Portraits
- Kim Kardashian Licorice Portrait
- Klaus Pichler's Photos of Rotting Foods Highlight Wasteful Consumption
- Wine Stain Portraits Make the Most of an Alcohol-Induced Accident
- Michael Jackson Soda Can Portrait Honors the King of Pop
- Steve Jobs Apple Portrait Honors the Late Icon
- Dandelion pesto
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- A Fragrant Tomato Soup
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Petite Tomato Salad Tartar
- It’s A Cold Night Fideo Soup
- Quick & Healthy Fava Beans, Chickpeas, Olives With Tomatoes
- Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed W/spicy Biryani (Veg/vegan)
- Peppermint Bark Lollipops
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.