Safeway's Open Nature brand had its public debut on National Picnic Day last Saturday with the help of chef Tyler Florence and the world's longest picnic table. The Open Nature brand consists of proteins, baked goods, desserts, snacks and frozen foods that are completely made from natural sources.
V. Sheree Williams of The Culinary Scoop was among the 300 guests at the San Francisco launch event and captured the photo above as a part of her coverage. Tyler Florence catered the meal using only Open Nature brand products; the day's menu included barbecue chicken, ribs, potato salad and cherry vanilla ice cream.
The 305-foot picnic table used at the Open Nature launch was made of sustainable Douglas fir and weighed a whopping 11,304 pounds. Safeway will separate the super-sized table into 8-foot tables and donate them to parks nationwide.
- World's Longest Picnic Table
- Celebrity Chef Tyler Florence Sued Over Baby Food
- World's Longest Pub Crawl Record Set
- 1.5-Mile Sushi Roll is the World's Longest
- The Picnic Table Condiment Set Brings the Outdoors Inside
- Pic Nic Pants Turn Your Lap Into a Lunch Table
- Brilliant Picnic Table Keeps Outdoor Wine Tasting Cool
- Pinterest Board of the Week: Picnic Foods
- Tyler Perry Lost 30 Pounds for New Movie
- Steven Tyler Goes Behind the Counter at Pizzeria
- Cuban Burger With Lime Mayonnaise From A Communal Table
- Easy Crispy Oven Chicken
- World's Best Crepes
- Our Favorite Deviled Eggs
- Sour milk and feta cheese phyllo pie
- Purple Potato Slaw
- Indian Summer Chili - Great Party Food
- Florence's Bok Choy Salad
- Nature’s Holiday Anti-Freeze: Meyer’s Apple Gløgg
- Brown Rice Table