Safeway's Open Nature brand had its public debut on National Picnic Day last Saturday with the help of chef Tyler Florence and the world's longest picnic table. The Open Nature brand consists of proteins, baked goods, desserts, snacks and frozen foods that are completely made from natural sources.
V. Sheree Williams of The Culinary Scoop was among the 300 guests at the San Francisco launch event and captured the photo above as a part of her coverage. Tyler Florence catered the meal using only Open Nature brand products; the day's menu included barbecue chicken, ribs, potato salad and cherry vanilla ice cream.
The 305-foot picnic table used at the Open Nature launch was made of sustainable Douglas fir and weighed a whopping 11,304 pounds. Safeway will separate the super-sized table into 8-foot tables and donate them to parks nationwide.
- World's Longest Picnic Table
- Celebrity Chef Tyler Florence Sued Over Baby Food
- World's Longest Pub Crawl Record Set
- 1.5-Mile Sushi Roll is the World's Longest
- The Picnic Table Condiment Set Brings the Outdoors Inside
- Jon Bon Jovi Launches New Restaurant
- Banana Republic and Bon Appetit Launch Clothing Line
- The Cheat Sheet Placemat Keeps Your China in Check
- Tech-Savvy Dinner Table Encourages Interaction
- The Baguette Table is Stale Yet Sturdy