Safeway's Open Nature brand had its public debut on National Picnic Day last Saturday with the help of chef Tyler Florence and the world's longest picnic table. The Open Nature brand consists of proteins, baked goods, desserts, snacks and frozen foods that are completely made from natural sources.
V. Sheree Williams of The Culinary Scoop was among the 300 guests at the San Francisco launch event and captured the photo above as a part of her coverage. Tyler Florence catered the meal using only Open Nature brand products; the day's menu included barbecue chicken, ribs, potato salad and cherry vanilla ice cream.
The 305-foot picnic table used at the Open Nature launch was made of sustainable Douglas fir and weighed a whopping 11,304 pounds. Safeway will separate the super-sized table into 8-foot tables and donate them to parks nationwide.
- World's Longest Picnic Table
- Celebrity Chef Tyler Florence Sued Over Baby Food
- World's Longest Pub Crawl Record Set
- 1.5-Mile Sushi Roll is the World's Longest
- The Picnic Table Condiment Set Brings the Outdoors Inside
- Pic Nic Pants Turn Your Lap Into a Lunch Table
- Natural and Organic Sales Hit $81 Billion
- Brilliant Picnic Table Keeps Outdoor Wine Tasting Cool
- Pinterest Board of the Week: Picnic Foods
- Organic Avenue is Liv Tyler's Secret to Glowing Skin
- Cuban Burger With Lime Mayonnaise From A Communal Table
- Easy Crispy Oven Chicken
- World's Best Crepes
- Our Favorite Deviled Eggs
- Sour milk and feta cheese phyllo pie
- Florence's Bok Choy Salad
- Brown Rice Table
- Table Salsa
- Midnightsushi's Signature Bacon And Bleu Table-For-Two Salad Of Perfection!
- Always A Star At The Dinner Table- Tiramisu