Surprise, surprise: In-N-Out Burger was named the best burger chain by a Consumer Reports study, beating out heavy hitters like McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King. The findings are just a part of a wider study done on reader preferences of 53 quick-service restaurants; Consumer Reports' online visitors voted on their favorite fast food joints, tallying some 98,000 visits.
The major fast food chains -- Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell and KFC -- ranked poorly in their categories. Readers cited "uninspiring food" and "so-so service" in their complaints of these underperformers. In contrast, the shining stars in the Consumer Reports study included In-N-Out, Chick-fil-A and Chipotle Mexican Grill, with "speedy and solicitous service" and a greater perception of value.
For more findings from the study, see Consumer Reports.
- Copycat Recipe: In-N-Out Animal Style Burger
- IN-N-OUT's Double Double Burger Named Best Fast Food Burger
- In-N-Out Goes After Burger Express in Boise
- In-N-Out Pop-Up Stand in Singapore Shuts Down Due to Burger Shortage
- In-N-Out Sues Grab-N-Go
- Make Your Own In-N-Out Cheeseburger
- Texans Go Crazy At In-N-Out Opening
- 5 Bodacious Burgers to Celebrate National Burger Day
- Martha Stewart Talks Fast Food
- LA Morgue Rejects Lindsay Lohan's Cupcake Gift
- In-N-Out Cheeseburger w Onion Rings
- BLT Sandwich w In-N-Out Sauce
- Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Buckwheat and pork soup
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Steamed fishballs with lemon basil
- Delicious homemade pasta with fried pork and fresh lemon basil
- How to Make Chatpati Papdi Chaat
- Pork liver meatballs with lemon basil